Yesterday I installed one of my working journals in the “Book of the Month” case at the Taos Community Auditorium in Taos, NM. I make my own journals so I can create the size I want, with the paper I like. They are Coptic-bound (an intricate bookmakers stitch that allows a book to lie flat when opened, making it easier to work with).
My journals are a place to unload my brain…a place to store sketches, ideas, quotes I like, research and sources of inspiration for future work. If I’m working for a show in a specific venue, I often go to the space and make a plat of floors and walls to use for planning the installation. Link to the TCA site: http://tcataos.org/calendar/view_by_cat/2#top
- Discovering Shakespeare – Discovering Shakespeare on Mapping Shakespeare’s Tragedies: King Lear, Hamlet, Macbeth, Othello
- Karima Alavi on Ten Variations on a Theme
- Julie Wagner on Mapping Shakespeare’s Tragedies: King Lear, Hamlet, Macbeth, Othello
- Robin Lieske on Mapping Shakespeare’s Tragedies: King Lear, Hamlet, Macbeth, Othello
- mary brock on Six New Notecards